Sexual assault charges laid against Preeceville man
December 29, 2018 10:50 pm
On December 28, 2018, members of the Canora Detachment and Yorkton Provincial GIS arrested a male in connection with a Break and Enter and commit Sexual Assault with a Firearm investigation that began on December 18, 2017. On that date, at around 3:30 AM, a masked male forced his way into a Preeceville, SK residence and sexually assaulted a female while armed with a firearm. The victim’s child was present in the home at the time of the incident.
Initial investigation resulted in the arrest an adult male from Preeceville, SK on Dec 18 2017. A stay of proceedings was entered on all of the male’s charges on Mar 27 2018. At the time of the initial arrest of the first suspect there was reasonable and probable grounds to support the charges laid. In order to protect the victim and to gather further evidence the first suspect was arrested and placed under strict conditions upon his release by the courts, following a period of time in-custody. The investigation continued, as all investigations do, after the arrest to ensure all the evidence was examined and investigational avenues were thoroughly explored. During the course of the investigation, the initial suspect was cleared by police and he was found to have no involvement whatsoever in the offences.
On December 28, 2018, Shawn Pasiechnik, a 20-year old male from Preeceville, SK was arrested and charged with the following offences from evidence gathered during the investigation:
1. Break and Enter and Commit Sexual Assault with a Weapon – Section 348(1)(b) of the Criminal Code
2. Sexual Assault with a Weapon – Section 272(2)(a.1) of the Criminal Code
3. Pointing a Firearm – Section 87 of the Criminal Code
4. Pointing a Firearm – Section 87 of the Criminal Code
5. Disguise with Intent – Section 351(2) of the Criminal Code
6. Forcible Confinement – Section 279(2) of the Criminal Code
7. Using Firearm in Commission of an Offence – Section 85(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
Shawn Pasiechnik has been remanded and will appear in Yorkton Provincial Court on Monday, December 31, 2018 at 9:30 am.