Broadview RCMP: man wanted in Regina Police Service investigation located and arrested
October 4, 2021, 5:01 pm
On September 28, 2021 at approximately 11:30 a.m., Broadview RCMP and Combined Traffic Service Saskatchewan officers were dispatched to a report of a stolen vehicle driving eastbound on Highway #1. The vehicle was connected to a Regina Police Service investigation.
Officers attempted to stop the vehicle, but it fled. As a result of further investigation, a residence was searched on Ochapowace First Nation. A male suspect was arrested without incident. Two firearms and a machete were located and seized.
As a result of investigation, Tyler Lavallee (DOB:1992-03-21) of Regina, SK is charged with:
- 2 counts, insecure storage of a firearm, Section 86(2), Criminal Code
- 2 counts, possession of a restricted weapon, Section 92(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unlicensed possession of a restricted firearm, Section 91(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, unlicensed possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition, Section 95, Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of a restricted weapon knowing it was obtained by the commission of an offence, Section 96, Criminal Code
- 9 counts, possession of a weapon while prohibited, Section 117.01(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, operate a conveyance while prohibited, Section 320.24, Criminal Code
- 1 count, dangerous operation of a conveyance, Section 320.13(1), Criminal Code
- 1 count, fail to stop for peace officer, Section 320.17, Criminal Code
These charges are in relation to the investigation on Highway #1 and at the residence on Ochapowace First Nation. Lavallee also faces charges from the Regina Police Service investigation. Details are available here: https://reginapolice.ca/2021/09/kidnapping-and-firearms-offences-male-charged/
Lavallee will appear in court on the Broadview RCMP charges on October 8, 2021 at 2 p.m. in Regina.