Multiple charges follow Yorkton street check
May 7, 2019, 3:01 pm
On Monday, May 6, members of Yorkton Crime Reduction Unit conducted a street check with two men.
Upon further investigation the men were placed under arrest, searched and two concealed knives and a loaded sawed off .22 caliber rifle we seized.
Dustin VENNE (28) from Yorkton, SK was released for court by a Justice of the Peace.
VENNE was released to appear in Yorkton Provincial Court on June 10th, 2019.
He was charged with:
1. Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to Section 88(2) C.C.
Kristopher MCLELLAN (27) of Yorkton, SK was remanded in custody to appear in Regina Provincial Court on May 9th, 2019.
MCLELLAN faces the following charges;
1. Possession of a Prohibited Firearm contrary to Section 91(1) C.C.
2. Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose contrary to Section 88(2) C.C. x 2
3. Unsafe Transportation of a Firearm contrary to Section 86(2) C.C.
4. Identity Fraud contrary to Section 403 C.C.
5. Obstructing a Peace Officer contrary to Section 129(a) C.C.