Two additional deaths from Covid-19 in Manitoba April 1
52 new cases in Manitoba Thursday, April 1, Manitoba now at 1,179 active cases
April 1, 2021, 1:01 pm
Public health officials advise that two additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are being reported today:
• a female in her 40s from the Northern health region; and
• a female in her 40s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.9 per cent provincially and 3.6 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 59 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, seven cases have been removed due to a data correction. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 34,174.
Public health officials are announcing that three new screened or sequenced cases of variants of concerns have been detected and they are all from the Winnipeg health region.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• one case in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 16 cases in the Northern health region;
• seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 32 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 422 active cases in the Winnipeg region, 29 active cases in the Southern Health Region, 23 cases in the Interlake Eastern Health Region, 666 in the Northern Health Region, and 39 in the Prairie Mountain Health Region, which includes Brandon and all of southwest Manitoba. In the Souris River District within Prairie Mountain, which includes the Elkhorn, Virden, Reston, and Melita areas, there are currently 0 active cases.
The data also shows:
• 1,179 active cases and 32,058 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 65 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 83 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 148 hospitalizations;
• 12 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 30 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 937; and
• the total number of screened or sequenced cases related to variants of concern for the following:
• B.1.1.7 is 235;
• B.1.351 is 20;
• cases that have not been categorized is 15; and
• the total number of variant of concern cases is 270.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,561 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 584,267.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
The outbreak at St. Amant Health and Transition Services has been declared over.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including information the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.