No additional deaths from Covid-19 in Manitoba July 20
36 new cases in Manitoba Tuesday, July 20, Manitoba now at 909 active cases
July 20, 2021, 11:57 am
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 3.6 per cent provincially and 3.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 36 new cases of the virus have been identified today. Four cases have been removed due to case corrections, bringing the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 57,236.
Of the 36 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:
• five new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• four new cases in the Northern health region;
• three new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• 11 new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 13 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 242 active cases in the Winnipeg region, 150 active cases in the Southern Health Region, 245 cases in the Interlake Eastern Health Region, 204 in the Northern Health Region, and 68 in the Prairie Mountain Health Region, which includes Brandon and all of southwest Manitoba. In the Souris River District within Prairie Mountain, which includes the Elkhorn, Virden, Reston, and Melita areas, there are currently 0 active cases.
Today’s data also shows:
• 909 active cases and 55,162 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 108 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 including 31 people with active COVID-19 as well as 77 people who are no longer infectious;
• a total of 29 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including 11 people in intensive care units active COVID-19 as well as 18 people who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care;
• 1,053 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 857,884; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,165.
An outbreak has been declared over at the Salem Home personal care home in Winkler. The site has been removed from the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
Additional data on variants of concern is available at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/. Data related to COVID-19, outbreaks and some downloadable and historic data can also be found at this site.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, including the online screening tool, testing criteria and locations, self-isolation requirements, public health fundamentals and the provincial response level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.