‘State of the town’ address at Jan. 24 Chamber of Commerce meeting
New development, new businesses, and new initiatives on the agenda
January 16, 2023, 12:03 pm
Moosomin Mayor Larry Tomlinson will update Chamber members on the town’s accomplishments in 2022 and plans for 2023 at the January 24th Moosomin Chamber of Commerce meeting, and there will be several presentations on new businesses, new development, and new initiatives coming to Moosomin.
The Mayor’s “State of the Town” address will focus on the town’s activities and accomplishments in 2022, and new projects coming up this year.
Also at the January 24 meeting:
• Brian Beckett of the Moosomin Legion will speak at the January 24 Chamber meeting about plans to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Moosomin Cenotaph with a major event in the summer of 2024. A committee is already working on the anniversary event, which will be held June 8, 2024.
• Mike Schwean will discuss plans to enter Moosomin in Communities in Bloom for 2023. Moosomin’s entry will be a joint submission of the town, Moosomin Regional Park, and Pipestone Hills Golf Club, and the committee has a lot of big ideas for Communities in Bloom.
• There will be discussion around a plan to bring a speaker on economic development to Moosomin.
New residential development
Evan Keller of Keller Developments has been invited to meet Chamber members at the January 24 meeting. Keller Developments plans to build two apartment buildings in Moosomin in 2023. “Moosomin has always been on my radar,” Evan Keller. “I actually worked at RBC about 10 years ago, covering that area. I was a commercial account manager for Royal Bank so that helped me get familiar with the area. I have friends that live in the area as well so I have watched it grow over the years and I’ve always had my eye on it. There’s been a few people from Moosomin that have reached out to us and kind of knocked on our door about coming there as well—different people from the community.
• Aaron Grandguillot, the owner of the new microbrewery to be built on Celebration Drive in Moosomin has been invited to meet Chamber members and discuss plans for the microbrewery.
• Matthew Pistor will discuss his plan for a package delivery/pickup business in Moosomin, ruralroutepackage.ca
• Clayton O’Grady will discuss his plan for a shuttle and taxi business for the Moosomin area.
The January Chamber of Commerce meeting is set for 11:45 am January 24 at the Canalta Hotel meeting room.
Everyone is welcome and lunch will be served.